Why this (Software Architecture) blog?

Software Architect profession doesn't rely solely on technical skills. An architect must also possess soft skills (Leadership, Communication, Presentation, Negotiation, Delegation, Coaching, Mentoring, Political).

I personally was a Software Developer and looked for my next career level 10 years ago. Initially I struggled to understand what it takes to move from a Software Developer to an Architect.

There is no checklist as such to guide people to make the career move. The result of this is people becoming Architects without realising what's expected from the role. I started this blog to guide and share my knowledge for people aspiring to become Software Architect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Architecture diagram using Visio Stencils

Communication skills for an Architect

The Death of the Architect